A literary Prize was created in 2000 in honour of the great 18th century Flower painter Pierre-Joseph Redouté, for the best French gardening and botanical books of the year.
Organised by the Association des Jardins du Maine (JASPE), the Pierre-Joseph Redouté Prize is awarded every year in the Loire Valley, the first week-end of June at the Château du Lude during the Garden festival.
The Pierre-Joseph Redouté Prize is awarded by an experienced and discerning Jury:
- botanist Olivier Colin,
- journalist Martine Gérardin,
- interior designer Jacques Garcia,
- actress Marie-Anne Chazel,
- Marc Mennessier, journalist at le Figaro,
- amateur gardener Maryvonne Pinault,
- well known Belgian gardener Diane de Belder,
- Film Producer Jean-Louis Remilleux,
- and landscape architect Louis Benech.